Nominations open for 2010 Blue Ribbon Awards
Nominations are now open for the third annual Blue Ribbon Awards. All nominations must be in by Oct. 1.
The Blue Ribbon Awards program was started in 2008 by the Lake Tahoe South Shore Chamber of Commerce and the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority to reward and salute South Shore businesses making significant contributions to the sustainability of the community.
Nominations are being accepted for categories including:
– Geotourism: A new category for a business providing authentic Tahoe experiences with a commitment to the local culture.
– Tourism: A new category for an innovative program, promotion or product that demonstrates a new way of thinking about the visitor industry.
– Experience: For a business with a unique ambiance and outstanding experience that keeps locals coming back and leaves visitors hungry for more. Past winners are Freshies and Marcus Ashley Galleries.
– Entrepreneur: A business that has created a buzz in our community with creativity, ingenuity and perseverance. Past winners include Sealed with a Kiss and Tahoe Arts & Mountain Culture.
– Customer Service: Individuals who consistently go above and beyond to provide exceptional service. Past winners include Ellen Krauss of Tahoe Paradise Chevron and Margaret Shimono of Safeway.
– Public Agency Service: Amazing customer service in the not-so-usual places (DMV, city, county, etc.) Past winner is Officer Jeff Gartner of California Highway Patrol.
– Small Green Business: Business with less than 100 employees that has made significant strides to enhance and protect the environmental sustainability of our community. Past winners include Custom Floor Care and 968 Park Hotel.
– Large Green Business: Business with more than 100 employees that has made significant strides to enhance and protect the environmental sustainability of our community. Past winner is Embassy Suites.
Winners will be honored at an awards luncheon Nov. 18 at Embassy Suites. All award nominees will also be recognized at the event.