Authorities ID Incline Village murder victim
February 16, 2018
A 70-year-old man was identified as the victim of a fatal stabbing that occurred in Incline Village on Jan. 23.
David Rivas-Rodriguez died as a result of multiple stab wounds at a residence in the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office said in a statement on Friday, Feb. 16. He was identified by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
Next of kin have been notified.
Ismeal Resendiz-Moreno, 44, of Incline Village was taken into custody on Jan. 24. He was charged with the murder of Rivas-Rodriguez, who was the suspect's father-in-law.
Resendiz-Moreno is being held in the Washoe County Detention Facility on charges related to the alleged incident.
Authorities received a 911 call on the morning of Jan. 23, reporting an injured person inside a residence on the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard in Incline Village. Rivas-Rodriguez was declared deceased at the scene.
Trending In: North Shore
- South Lake Tahoe police arrest suspect in possible child sexual assault
- Guest column: VHR ballot initiatives bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Guest column: Facts behind South Lake Tahoe VHR initiative (opinion)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council asks for report on VHR initiative
- Summer is here: Tips for spending the season in Tahoe