Authorities ID Incline Village murder victim
February 16, 2018
A 70-year-old man was identified as the victim of a fatal stabbing that occurred in Incline Village on Jan. 23.
David Rivas-Rodriguez died as a result of multiple stab wounds at a residence in the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office said in a statement on Friday, Feb. 16. He was identified by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
Next of kin have been notified.
Ismeal Resendiz-Moreno, 44, of Incline Village was taken into custody on Jan. 24. He was charged with the murder of Rivas-Rodriguez, who was the suspect's father-in-law.
Resendiz-Moreno is being held in the Washoe County Detention Facility on charges related to the alleged incident.
Authorities received a 911 call on the morning of Jan. 23, reporting an injured person inside a residence on the 700 block of Southwood Boulevard in Incline Village. Rivas-Rodriguez was declared deceased at the scene.
Trending In: North Shore
- Tourism remains driving factor for Tahoe, Truckee economy
- Unofficial election results for Incline Village General Improvement District Board of Trustees
- Column: Positive changes are in store for the Sierra Sun, North Lake Tahoe Bonanza and Tahoe Tribune (opinion)
- Incline Village named prettiest town in Nevada by Architectural Digest
- Authorities ID 2 men killed in aircraft crash near Mount Rose ski resort
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- What’s new for the 2018-19 ski season at Lake Tahoe’s downhill resorts
- Election impacts on Lake Tahoe real estate
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project