Placer County Superior Court judge halts Martis Valley West development
March 14, 2018
A Placer County Superior Court judge issued a ruling on Monday, March 12, that halts the controversial Martis Valley West project.
The project called for 760 single-family homes in an area located off Highway 267 between Northstar California Resort and Tahoe Basin boundary.
“Simply put, the EIR (environmental impact report) … fails to adequately address the Project’s impacts on emergency evacuations in the area — especially in light of its high fire hazard status — so as to leave the analysis incomplete and failing to properly disclose to the public the actual impacts of the Project ,” wrote Judge Michael W. Jones in a 15-page ruling.
This story will be updated.
Trending In: North Shore
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers