Tahoe City man dies after incident at Lake Tahoe ski resort
February 8, 2019
The Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner’s Office has identified a man who died Sunday after an incident at Northstar California.
According to the office, 30-year-old Andrew McDowell, of Tahoe City, was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at Renown Regional Medical Center Sunday.
The cause and manner of death are pending investigation.
Northstar California confirmed that a serious incident took place on the mountain Sunday involving an employee, but declined to provide further information.
“Northstar California, Northstar Ski Patrol and the entire Vail Resorts family extend our deepest sympathy and support to our employee’s family and friends,” said Nadia Guerriero, Northstar California vice president and general manager in a statement.
Trending In: North Shore
- Tahoe City man dies after incident at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Men going door to door in Incline Village asking for money; sheriff’s office suggests exercising caution
- Trash building up at popular Lake Tahoe sledding site
- Incline Village named prettiest town in Nevada by Architectural Digest
- Snow impacting Incline Village General Improvement District operations
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- Presidential visits to Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect on area highways (updated)