Christopher Michael Hughes
October 25, 2017
August 15, 1983 ~ September 27, 2017
Christopher Michael Hughes, 34, passed peacefully, surrounded by his family, on September 27th, 2017 due to medical complications while awaiting transplant surgery.
Chris was born at Stanford Hospital on August 15, 1983, and grew up in South Lake Tahoe and graduated from South Tahoe High. He went on to college and earned an X-Ray Tech Cert and worked in the field throughout the Bay Area until recently, when he moved back to SLT to start a new career.
Chris loved dirt bikes, comics, RC Cars, animals, science, and life. Chris was genuine; he never lied about who he was or what he believed. He was witty, and could recite lines from movies at just the right moment and generally had everyone around him laughing. He made friends wherever he went. He was intelligent, stubborn, handy, crafty, artistic, but most of all, he was our son and brother. In a word, irreplaceable. His absence is deeply felt by those who knew him; he will be forever missed. Chris is survived by his mother, Sandy, father, Greg, and brother, Jeff.
A Celebration of Life will be held on Sunday, November 5th, 2017 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.at Lake Tahoe Golf Course, 2500 Emerald Bay Rd., SLT, CA 96150
In lieu of flowers, please donate to Family House, Inc. in San Francisco, Legal Services of Northern California, the ASPCA, or your favorite charity.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country