Desiree L. Walker
September 6, 2018
Born 9/12/55, Passed 7/30/18. Desiree was born in Houston, TX where her father was employed by Hilton Hotel. She eventually followed her father's footsteps in the hotel management profession as administrative assistant to the Executives at Hyatt Lake Tahoe. Desiree married Pat Walker in 1971 and they embarked on many adventures from ski bumming the resorts in Summit
County Colorado to Washoe County Nevada, skiing many areas of the west, extensive cycling, sailing and of course taking full advantage of the Hyatt's employee benefits at their hotels around the country. She especially enjoyed raising our son, Hershel III and helping him to enjoy the mountain lifestyle we embraced all our lives. She counted many friends as family and spent quality time with the Missies (you know who you are) from Incline. As many of her closest friends were aware, Desiree was very proud of her Native American heritage, her father was born on a reservation in Oklahoma and she is listed as ¼ Otoe Sioux on the tribal rolls.
A Memorial Service for Desiree Walker will be held Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 1:00 pm. Located at Incline Beach – 967 Lakeshore Blvd. Incline Village, NV 89451.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region