Dorothea Jean Plaizier “Jeanie”
December 11, 2017
April 10, 1940 ~ December 4, 2017
On December 4, 2017 this world lost a loving soul. Beloved mother Dorothea Jean Plaizier known by everyone as "JEANIE" was born on April 10, 1940 in Apache Oklahoma. At a young age she moved and lived throughout California with her family and came to Lake Tahoe with her cousins for Vacation when she was eighteen. She immediately fell in love with Lake Tahoe and never left. She started out working in hotels and restaurants and when she turned 21 she started working for Harvey's Hotel and Casino as a Keno Runner. She worked there till the bombing in August 26–27, 1980. She went to work at Sahara Tahoe/High Sierra/Horizon Casino now Standing as Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and worked there as a Keno Runner/Writer until she retired at age 63.
She enjoyed everyone and helped everyone even when she didn't have it to give. Anyone that knew her would say she was such a kind loving and giving person and "She does not have a mean Bone in her body".
She is survived by her sister Jan Welch; son William Sharp; daughter in-law Sahia Sharp; and many nieces, nephews, and cousins who love her very much.
Her wishes are to be remembered as she was and to think of her smile and cherish everyone like it is the last day.
Celebration of Life to held at later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region