In Loving Memory of William Frankie Ledson
February 28, 2018
William (Bill) Ledson passed away at Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno, NV., at the age of 90.
Bill is survived by Marion, his wife and loving companion for 46 years, his 6 children Jerry Ledson, Nancy Niemi, Robin Ledson, Cindy Sudderth, Kristine Ledson, & Jeff Ledson, his 12 grandchildren Christina, Vanessa, Allen, Sara, Richard, Chad, Gavin, Amy, Kairrie, Kevin, Alison, & Kyle, and 12 amazing great-grandchildren.
Bill was born August 1927 in Oakland, California. He dropped out of high school to defend his country and was stationed in the Pacific with the Merchant Marines. He was one of the few surviving World War II veterans in our town. Bill left the Bay Area where he relocated to Incline Village in 1971 and ran a successful painting company. His warm and outgoing personality made him well-known and loved by the community. He was best known for knocking the softball out of the park and his long, straight drives on the golf course which earned him the nickname "Boom Boom Ledson". Bill was a local celebrity around many golf courses; golfing was his greatest pleasure – his heaven on earth.
Your contagious smile, strong handshake and big bear hugs will be sorely missed. That sparkle in your eye and the compassion in your heart will never be forgotten. Our love will burn eternal. Golf in peace. A celebration of life will be planned at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend