James “Greg” Gregory Nuttle
July 18, 2018
Greg was raised in Walnut Creek, California, graduated from Del Valle High School, attended San Jose State and studied Aeronautical Engineering.
Greg passed on May 31, 2018 after a short illness. He was a beloved father, grandfather, brother, uncle and mentor to countless friends/coworkers from the EMS community.
He is preceded in death by his parents Everett and Norma Nuttle. He leaves his children Joshua, Jessica and Jim, 2 grandchildren, Everlee and Carmack his nieces, many close friends and his Ski Patrol Family.
Greg had an adventurous life and followed his many passions which led him to the Sierra Mountains to do what he loved as a Professional Ski Patroller for 30 years. Greg was an Eagle Scout, pro tennis player and coach, river rafting guide, lifeguard, Lake Tahoe Windjammers Yacht Club Sailor, extreme back packer and hiker.
His tremendous helping nature, intelligence and humor always made everyone comfortable. He had an "I got this" confidence and attitude even under tremendous pressure.
Greg will be missed by many.
Please join his Ski Patrol Family for a Celebration of life on August 3rd, from 5pm – 10pm at The American Legion, 2748 Young St., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday