Joan Elaine Grech
December 20, 2017
April 21, 1940 – December 18, 2017
Joan passed away at home after battling cancer for the past two years. Born in New Jersey, Joan moved to California as a young girl.
After graduating high school, she met and married her husband of 58 years, Charlie. Joan and Charlie spent many summers and holidays in South Lake Tahoe with their family. In 1975, they made Lake Tahoe their forever home. Joan worked at Barton Memorial Hospital in the admitting department for 25 years where she made many friends. She enjoyed going to car shows in their 1941 Chevy.
Joan is survived by her husband, Charlie; son, Michael; daughter, Debbie (Cass); grandsons, Eric and Troy; and her "fur babies" Coco and SkiDoo. She is now resting comfortably and will be greatly missed.
No services are planned at this time.
Please consider a donation to the South Lake Tahoe Cancer League or Barton Hospice.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- FINAL ELECTION RESULTS: Measure T passes in South Lake Tahoe