Joan Elaine Grech
December 20, 2017
April 21, 1940 – December 18, 2017
Joan passed away at home after battling cancer for the past two years. Born in New Jersey, Joan moved to California as a young girl.
After graduating high school, she met and married her husband of 58 years, Charlie. Joan and Charlie spent many summers and holidays in South Lake Tahoe with their family. In 1975, they made Lake Tahoe their forever home. Joan worked at Barton Memorial Hospital in the admitting department for 25 years where she made many friends. She enjoyed going to car shows in their 1941 Chevy.
Joan is survived by her husband, Charlie; son, Michael; daughter, Debbie (Cass); grandsons, Eric and Troy; and her "fur babies" Coco and SkiDoo. She is now resting comfortably and will be greatly missed.
No services are planned at this time.
Please consider a donation to the South Lake Tahoe Cancer League or Barton Hospice.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend