August 21, 2014
1948 – 2014
Marilynn Sanfilippo passed away on August 1, 2014 at age 65. Marilynn lost her battle with cancer and passed away in her South Lake Tahoe home with family by her side. Marilynn was born on October 27, 1948, and grew up in Placerville with her twin sister Carolynn Whalen and her older brother Jim Hanson.
Marilynn married her husband Tom Sanfilippo on February 14, 1969. Marilynn and Tom had their first son Anthony Sanfilippo on February 12, 1979. Their daughter Victoria Sanfilippo was born on November 5, 1986.
Marilynn owned and operated "Little Bugs Childcare" for 20+ years. She was smart and witty and also an honest women whose family came first. Marilynn was kind to everyone she met and did whatever she could to help someone in need. She was a person who truly gave more then she took. Friends and family would all agree that she was a person who always made you feel loved.
Marilynn is survived by:
Husband of 45 years Tom Sanfilippo, Children Anthony Sanfilippo and Victoria Sanfilippo, Grandchildren Collin Sanfilippo, Sahara Sanfilippo, and Daniel Sanfilippo, Siblings Jim Hanson and Carolynn Whalen
Trending In: Obituaries
- DA: Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director pleads guilty to embezzlement (updated)
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County conducts online survey on vacation home rentals
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations