Molly Matthews Mundy
November 8, 2017
September 2, 1992 ~ November 2, 2017
It is with great sorrow we mourn the loss of Molly, due to a tragic auto accident on Thursday, November 2, 2017.
Molly was born and raised in South Lake Tahoe. She loved the outdoors, soccer, her two dogs and cat, country music, and most of all, family. You could often find her on a local beach with her loved ones, enjoying a beautiful Tahoe sunset. Molly also enjoyed her many trips to the ocean with her husband.
Molly is survived by her husband, the love of her life, Tyler Burton Mundy, her mother, Jennifer Matthews, her sister Andrea and niece, Emma, who Molly had a special bond with. She is also survived by aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. She is welcomed into Heaven in the arms of her father, Rick, and her sister, Amanda.
Donations in Molly's name may be made to the Sea Otter Research and Conservation Program at Monterey Bay Aquarium. montereybayaquarium.org
A Celebration of the life of Molly Mathews Mundy will take place at Valhalla, 1 Valhalla Rd., South Lake Tahoe, on December 2, from 1 to 4pm. We ask those attending to wear teal if possible, as it was Molly's favorite color. If you would care to contribute to the costs associated with the celebration, please log on to http://www.plumfund.com/memorial-fund/mollymatthews-mundy
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country