August 1, 2018
February 20, 1941 ~ June 25, 2018
Nita passed away on June 25th at her home in Pilot Hill, CA.
Nita was born in Shirley, Arkansas and raised in Morenci, Arizona. Upon leaving high school, Nita made her way to Phoenix, Arizona and then to San Francisco and landing in South Lake Tahoe where she eventually married and had two daughters, Justine and Vanessa. After her divorce, Nita remained in South Lake Tahoe to raise her two daughters and she later moved to Honolulu, Hawaii and then retired to Pilot Hill, California where she lived out the remainder of her days.
Nita was a talented artist, avid reader and loved to do crossword puzzles. Nita also loved art, visiting museums and traveling.
Nita was preceded in death by her parents James and Emma Bradford.
Nita is survived by her daughters Justine (Eric) Trent and Vanessa Piper; one granddaughter, Miranda Trent; three sisters, Brenda (Hector) Ruedas, Lynda (George) Vanlandingham and Donna (Harvey) Goth; and two brothers, Robert (Helen) Bradford and James (Cherie Shieck) Bradford; numerous nieces and nephews and by long time friends Sheila and Tommy Walker, Gail Bradshaw, Thelma Goldman and Pam O'Shaughnessy.
At her request no services will be held.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case