Obituary: Elois H. Womack
April 23, 2014
Elois H. Womack
Mr. Elois H. Womack, 86 of South Lake Tahoe, California, passed away April 3, 2014. Born May 10, 1927 in Gary, Texas, Elois was the youngest of eight children of Willis and Helen Womack. After the family relocated to Arizona, Elois became a well known musician in the Phoenix area.
In the '60s, Elois moved to the San Francisco Bay area where he continued as a musician and established a career in the construction industry. Leaving the Bay area in 1985, he relocated to South Lake Tahoe. Putting down roots, Elois opened Womack's Texas Style Barbeque where residents and visitors savored the taste of his famous barbeque sauce. Known throughout the Lake Tahoe area, Mr. Womack was actively involved in the Knights of Columbus, Rotary, St. Theresa Church and other community associations.
Elois was preceded in death by a brother Vernice Womack and five sisters: Alsadie Womack, Geneva Wilson, Melva Collins, LaReva Mims, and Benita Crowder.
To mourn his passing, Elois is survived by one sister, Tressie Jennings, sons, Hershel Womack, Damien Womack, Renee Womack, Dismas Womack, Anthony Womack, James Womack, Everett McHenry and stepson Jack Wright, a number of grandchildren, nephews, nieces and other loving family and friends.
A memorial service will be held on Tuesday, April 29, at 2pm at St. Theresa Catholic Church, 1041 Lyons Ave, South Lake Tahoe. Arrangements by McFarlane Mortuary, 887 Emerald Bay Road, South Lake Tahoe.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Lime plans to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer with e-scooters; company ditching bikes
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached