Obituary: Scott J. Doherty
April 4, 2014
Scott J. Doherty, 34, died March 28, 2014 in Reno, NV. He was born September 7, 1979 in San Francisco, CA the son of Joseph Doherty and Stella Buchman. He attended and graduated from Douglas High School in 1998 and was currently residing in College Park, TX.
Scott is survived by his father Joe Doherty and his wife Roberta of
Gardnerville, NV and his mother Stella Buchman and her husband Brian of Yuba City, CA; his sister Lisa Featherstone Jensen and her husband Josh, and his sister Laura Featherstone. He also leaves his maternal grandmother, Athena Bosnich of San Bruno, CA, his niece and nephew Riley and Ruby Jenson, his step brothers Aaron Russell and Eric
Buchman. He is also survived by his longtime girlfriend, Diana Castillo Lopez of College Station, TX and many aunts, uncles and cousins. Scott was greatly loved and will be missed by family and friends.
Memorial Services will be held at Valley Christian Fellowship 1353 Hwy 395N Suite 109 Gardnerville, NV at 11AM Friday April 4, 2014 with
reception immediately following at the Church. A second service will be held on Saturday April 5, 2014 at 12:00PM at Chapel by the Sea
Mortuary 801 Oceana Blvd Pacifica, CA with reception following at Val's 2468 Junipero Serra Blvd Daly City at 1:00PM.
In lieu of flowers donations in memory of Scott can be made to The Food Bank of Northern Nevada http://fbnn.org/ (775) 331-3663
or Salvation Army (800) 725-2769.
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible