Obituary: Tillie Telles Davis
April 9, 2014
Tillie Telles Davis
Born March 22, 1934 and passed away March 24, 2014 in Carson City. She was born in Anthony, New Mexico to Ray V. Telles and Maria DeLaluz Aldaz Telles. Sister to Ray Telles Jr, Irene Wilson, Sylvia Lopez, and John Telles.
Tillie married Alfonso Esquivel (deceased) and together had 7 children; Geneva Esquivel, Dolly Rosa, Evelyn Schneeweis, Danny Esquival, Andy Esquivel, Elaine Esquivel and Diane Glenn.
Tillie remarried Malcolm Swanick (deceased) and together they had 2 children, Susan Heredia and Sean Swanick.
Tillie lived a large portion of her life in Hayward, Ca and was one of the first female heavy equipment operators to be hired by the city. She married once again, Robert (Jim) Davis (deceased) and eventually moved to So. Lake Tahoe and worked security at Tahoe airport.
Tillie is survived by many daughters and sons-in-law, 18 grandchildren, 16 great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
All who knew her, loved her gentle, kind and humble spirit and her remarkable ability to not let adversity get her down.
She loved her friends, music, singing and Fridays. She will be missed by all that had the honor of knowing her.
Services will be held on April 12, 2014
at 11:30 am at the Chapel of the Chimes,
32992 Mission Blvd. Hayward, Ca. 94544
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm warning, flood watch take effect Wednesday
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake