Sandra “ Sandy” Kaye Garcia
December 11, 2017
1945 ~ 2017
Sandra " Sandy" Kaye Garcia, 72, of Santa Barbara, CA, passed away on Nov 27, 2017 after a year-long battle with cancer.
Born September 7, 1945 in New Orleans to Katherine and Joseph Garcia, Sandy moved to Mexico City with her family at age 6 where she resided for 30 years. A graduate of the American School Foundation, she worked as a model and actress before attending Cal State Sacramento. She worked as a Certified Interpreter for the Courts, both in Lake Tahoe and Santa Barbara. She also taught classes for the Lake Tahoe Community College Intensive Spanish Institute.
Sandy led an active, passionate life. She loved to travel and went on 2 trips with Semester at Sea. She also enjoyed attending films and enjoyed Blues music. She will be missed by her many friends, especially those in Santa Barbara.
She married Juan G Dekruyff Jr. in 1991, and though the marriage ended in divorce, they remained friends.
Sandy is survived by her mother Katherine Garcia, her sister Patricia Garcia, niece Catherine Mattesich Taylor and nephew Rylan Mattesich, all of Sacramento, sister Lauren Garcia of Bellingham, Wa and her stepchildren Ann M Dekruyff of Natick, Ma,, Juan G.Dekruyff Jr of Austin, TX and Susan (DeKruyff) Covarrubia of San Antonio, Tx.
A memorial service will take place at 2:00 on January 27 at Chase Palm Park Center, Santa Barbara. In lieu of flowers donations made by made to Court Appointed Special Advocates at SBCasa.Org or 118 Figueroa St. Santa Barbara, Ca. 93101 in memory of Sandy Garcia.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend