On the Hill: The powder is back in Tahoe (Video)
March 1, 2016
On the Hill is brought to you by the Tahoe Center for Orthopedics
Breakdown: Join On the Hill host and Tahoe Daily Tribune reporter Sebastian Foltz for a pow day at Heavenly Mountain Resort
Weekend Forcast: Intermittent chance of snow with highs in the high 30s.
FRIDAY NIGHT WEATHER ADVISORY:
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the Tahoe Basin. The notice will go into effect from 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 18, to noon Saturday, Dec. 19. Forecasters are calling for 5 to 10 inches of snow west of Highway 89 and along portions of the Sierra Crest. They are predicting 2 to 5 inches For other parts of the Tahoe/Truckee region. The heaviest snowfall is expected overnight. Light snow is expected to continue through the weekend with the potential for another storm system to arrive next week. Motorists should expect delays and chain restrictions.
Trending In: On the Hill
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely