Kudos: A memorable birthday
October 3, 2017
My three friends and I were celebrating my birthday at Red Hut Restaurant on Ski Run Sept. 18. I had three balloons on my chair and opened wonderful gifts from my friends. The server placed the bill on our table. To our shock, another server took the bill.
We decided there was mix-up and went back to our fun. The server returned telling us our bill had been paid, the person had already left the restaurant and she did not know who he was.
We were shocked with surprise. We agreed it was one of the nicest and most generous things anyone could have done for us. This birthday will be one of the most memorable. I hope he reads this as I thank him and will pass his kindness forward.
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Outraged by attempt to destroy South Lake Tahoe city manager’s excellent reputation (opinion)
- Letter: South Lake Tahoe businessman — ‘extremely impressed’ by Nancy Kerry (opinion)
- Publisher’s Perspective: Changes to Friday Tribune (opinion)
- Guest column: Kerry unfairly criticized, defamed (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’