A shameful election season
November 20, 2018
To the Incline Village/Crystal Bay residents:
The election is over and as I watched the weeks leading up to the election I was appalled and disappointed to see a wonderful community, where we have lived for over 40 years, succumb to the very disturbing hate and divisiveness displayed by members of this community.
I am ashamed to think that people here could stoop so low. What happened to civility in our lives? We talk about our national government … but take a look around us and are we any better?
Shame on the community … shame on us to allow this to happen.
Hopefully this won't happen in the future.
Recommended Stories For You
Incline Village, Nevada
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: It’s time for South Lake Tahoe’s newly elected leaders to lead (opinion)
- Letter: How is Whole Foods project economically beneficial to South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Guest column: ‘Loop Road’ fails to address lack of parking in Stateline (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: Election recap on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- FINAL ELECTION RESULTS: Measure T passes in South Lake Tahoe
- #TahoeSnaps: Lots of snow at Lake Tahoe