Ask Tessie: How will the Tribune change now that it covers Incline Village?
February 19, 2018
I saw that the Tribune is now covering Incline Village. WTH?
SOUTHIES FO' LIFE
In exchange for beach access, lifetime passes to Diamond Peak and invites to all the exclusive wine and cheese parties, we have decided to let Incline Village into the cool kids club.
What does this mean for the Tribune, you ask? While some of the new content we're adding to make our North Shore folks feel more at home might go over your head, you could learn a thing or two.
Recommended Stories For You
Our new food critic is embarking on a five-part series to uncover which caviar really is the "bee's knees." We're also working on an investigative piece to find out how to really know if your cleaning lady is stealing from you, as well as a profile on the 10 best tax shelters for your money.
But don't worry South Shore homies, we've got you covered, too. Keep your eyes peeled for a guide on how to juggle three jobs and another on five ways to avoid a citation for the broken down cars and dishwashers on your dirt lawn.
Despite the differences, I think there is much the shores can learn from each other — and I, as a neutral party from my home at Cave Rock, am here to help.
T's Mesquite Rotisserie, maybe you can teach the South Shore joints how to make a proper burrito? And South Shore, how about showing the North Shore how to kick off those Gucci loafers and let loose at one of our premier nightclubs?
Whether you live in a seven-room mansion or share a small cabin with seven people, I believe that together you can find common ground in your beloved pastime of complaining about Every. Single. Little. Thing. And for that reason, I have great hope for the future.
Tahoe Tessie is a humorous take on the standard advice column. It is produced by the Tribune staff, and it is not meant to be taken literally. Have a question you want to ask Tessie? Send it to email@example.com.
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: More questions about possible IVGID role in failed transportation grant application (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: Lots of unknowns heading into 2019 on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe City Council must honor voters’ will on Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: Did IVGID chair’s letter torpedo transportation grant? (opinion)
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings