Ask Tessie: What’s on your Christmas list?
December 24, 2017
Ho ho ho, Tahoe. After last week's delivery of coal to 2017's top nincompoops, I thought it appropriate to share what I'd like the cheery fat man to bring me this Christmas. Clearly I've been an exceptional cryptozoological creature this year, so I have a long list of requests — and very high expectations.
The term "fake news" to drop out of existence
The roads in South Lake Tahoe to magically get fixed so we can stop talking about them
A new president
For internet trolls to lose commenting privileges
Recommended Stories For You
Three feet of fresh powder
For tourists to learn how to drive in the mountains
An end to the city's recreational marijuana moratorium because the drive to Incline Village is killing me
An unbuildable lot in Incline Village for beach privileges, golf course access and lift ticket discounts
A lifetime supply of sushi burritos
A fully stocked bunker. I don't trust this world anymore — or Kim Jung Un
A three-day VIP pass to SnowGlobe Music Festival (plus a backstage pass to meet Porter Robinson)
A vacation home rental empire
One week of shutting down Tahoe to all tourists. I know it's just getting started, but my god you people need to learn how to drive
A pet bald eagle
To ensure that he keeps his tiny hands off our public lands
Working power and internet this winter
That's it! Just your average, run-of-the-mill, buy-it-on-Amazon Christmas list. Get shopping, losers.
Tahoe Tessie is a humorous take on the standard advice column. It is produced by the Tribune staff, and it is not meant to be taken literally. Have a question you want to ask Tessie? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Kid friendly restaurants (so you can actually enjoy your meal)
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors