Letter: Fantastic fireworks at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
September 12, 2018
The July Fourth fireworks were the best. I especially appreciated the many patriotic songs and music. The crowd always applauded when a patriotic piece was played. It would be great if all the songs were patriotic as that is what July Fourth is all about.
The finale was fantastic lasting about a minute and half. According to Carol Chaplin, the Tahoe fireworks are always rated in the top 10 of the country and this year was rated one of the best in the country by Conde Naste Traveler.
A huge thank you to Tahoe Douglas Visitors Authority which sponsors and pays for the fireworks and Tahoe Douglas Fire District which assists in the permits, safety and clean up. Thank you also to Zambelli Fireworks, one of the top fireworks companies, for this year's super display.
A special thank you to Carol Chaplin, executive director of the Tahoe Douglas Visitors Authority, and Mike Frye, events manager, for all they do for this area.
Congratulations and thank you to everyone who helped make this year's fireworks amazing. I am looking forward to next year's Fourth of July fireworks.
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Progress made on workforce housing but more can be done (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Consider fees, not a ban, to fix VHR issues (opinion)
- Letter: Jessica Morse the right choice for Congress (opinion)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)