Letter: Fantastic fireworks at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
September 12, 2018
The July Fourth fireworks were the best. I especially appreciated the many patriotic songs and music. The crowd always applauded when a patriotic piece was played. It would be great if all the songs were patriotic as that is what July Fourth is all about.
The finale was fantastic lasting about a minute and half. According to Carol Chaplin, the Tahoe fireworks are always rated in the top 10 of the country and this year was rated one of the best in the country by Conde Naste Traveler.
A huge thank you to Tahoe Douglas Visitors Authority which sponsors and pays for the fireworks and Tahoe Douglas Fire District which assists in the permits, safety and clean up. Thank you also to Zambelli Fireworks, one of the top fireworks companies, for this year's super display.
A special thank you to Carol Chaplin, executive director of the Tahoe Douglas Visitors Authority, and Mike Frye, events manager, for all they do for this area.
Congratulations and thank you to everyone who helped make this year's fireworks amazing. I am looking forward to next year's Fourth of July fireworks.
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors