Letter: Fantastic fireworks at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
September 12, 2018
The July Fourth fireworks were the best. I especially appreciated the many patriotic songs and music. The crowd always applauded when a patriotic piece was played. It would be great if all the songs were patriotic as that is what July Fourth is all about.
The finale was fantastic lasting about a minute and half. According to Carol Chaplin, the Tahoe fireworks are always rated in the top 10 of the country and this year was rated one of the best in the country by Conde Naste Traveler.
A huge thank you to Tahoe Douglas Visitors Authority which sponsors and pays for the fireworks and Tahoe Douglas Fire District which assists in the permits, safety and clean up. Thank you also to Zambelli Fireworks, one of the top fireworks companies, for this year's super display.
A special thank you to Carol Chaplin, executive director of the Tahoe Douglas Visitors Authority, and Mike Frye, events manager, for all they do for this area.
Congratulations and thank you to everyone who helped make this year's fireworks amazing. I am looking forward to next year's Fourth of July fireworks.
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Thanks to Ricky Reich and Lisa Maloff (opinion)
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe City Council must honor voters’ will on Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Did IVGID chair’s letter torpedo transportation grant? (opinion)
- Tom McClintock column: Why our border matters (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Cannabis oil extraction lab causes fire, explosions at South Lake Tahoe home
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Opening of Renoagogo brings chain store goods to North Lake Tahoe
- Trash building up at popular Lake Tahoe sledding site