Letter: Hoping Sample the Sierra fixes last year’s problems (opinion)
August 15, 2018
Sample the Sierra is coming up and I hope the organizers can avoid the disaster of last year.
No shuttles like previous years to help us senior citizens get to the gate. Handicapped parking full of vendor vehicles which didn't matter because if you parked there you had to go all the way to the street at the main entrance and get in line. Not letting ticket holders go to the entrance and having to get in the beginning of the line with the ticket purchasers.
When the tickets were sold out there was no sign at the street to let prospective attendees know to forget it. The ones that stood in line for half an hour were really ticked off.
With no way to contact the organizers (who are they?) how can they fix what they don't know about?
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort changes opening day from Wednesday to Saturday