Letter: In response to letter on Tom McClintock (opinion)
February 21, 2018
In regards to Barbara Smith's editorial on "McClintock picks Trump over facts," the hypocrisy of the left continually amazes me.
She states that "he and all government officials represent the same team." Are you kidding me? Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and the Democratic Party have done everything possible to resist Trump at every turn. The Democratic Party even has rallies and demonstrations for the sole purpose of "resist."
And yet you tell me "all government officials represent the same team." What the "same team" means to a liberal, is the team that agrees with them. I voted for Trump — are you telling me the liberal left are looking out for my interest? I don't think so. Remember you are the party that the Democratic National Chairman admitted rigging the election in favor of Hillary over Bernie.
Good job, Tom McClintock. You represent me.
South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: More questions about possible IVGID role in failed transportation grant application (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: Lots of unknowns heading into 2019 on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe City Council must honor voters’ will on Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: Did IVGID chair’s letter torpedo transportation grant? (opinion)
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings