Kudos & Kindness
August 27, 2014
Business after hours
TahoeChamber would like to thank Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe for hosting our Summer Fun BAHM! (Business After Hours Mixer) on Wednesday. The evening was filled with delicious appetizers and refreshing cocktails from The Tavern, Tahoe Beach Retreat & Lodge's newest restaurant and bar. Guests truly enjoyed the new special events tent while networking with fellow community members during a beautiful summer's night. We are thrilled that we were able to experience these new facilities! Thank you again to Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe for a wonderful evening!
Booksmart and busy
It was a busy summer at the Lake Tahoe branch of the Douglas County Public Library. Our summer reading programs "Fizz, Boom, Read" for children and "Spark a Reaction" for teens were enhanced by the generosity of local businesses and community volunteers.
Zephyr Cove Stables donated the grand prize for one finisher from each program. Round Table Pizza and Fatburger donated gift certificates to all who finished the reading program. The Carson Valley Swim Center donated gift certificates for prizes. The lucky parents of a program finisher will received a "Fizz, Boom, Read!" book bag.
Recommended Stories For You
Thank you to all of the volunteers who gave their time to make the summer reading programs a success. Your assistance with the programs was invaluable.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune and Lake Tahoe News did a great job of publicizing programs. We couldn't function without the Friends of the Douglas County Library. They helped to fund things we needed, from prizes to programs.
The library could not have run such a well-received program without the generosity of all these individuals and businesses. Congratulations to all finishers of the "Fizz, Boom, Read" children's program and the "Spark a Reaction" teen program. Great job!
Kathy Echavarria, Maria Pearson
Youth Services Librarian, Senior Library Technician
Reunited and it feels so good
The South Tahoe High School Class of 1984 would like to thank the Stateline area and specifically the Stateline Brewery, the Hard Rock Café, Boogie Nights at MontBleu, and the Lucky Beaver for welcoming us home for our 30th reunion and epic pub crawl. We put our teenaged party-selves to shame and nobody threw out a hip. Hail mighty Vikings!
STHS Class of 1984
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Disrupt or be disrupted — Lake Tahoe Community College is embracing change (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: Consider fees, not a ban, to fix VHR issues (opinion)
- Guest column: Progress made on workforce housing but more can be done (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive