Kudos & Kindness
October 23, 2014
Mt. Tallac High School
Many thanks to Dan at Passeretti's, Rebecca and John from Harrah's Lake Tahoe, and Mel from Sierra at Tahoe for their guidance and support of job development skills at Mt. Tallac High School. Mt. Tallac High School is a work to career high school that focuses on employment development. We are so grateful for the support from our community in preparing our students to enter the workforce.
Thank you Chevy's of South Lake Tahoe. Chevy's Restaurant has been hosting taco bars for many school and children's organizations around South Lake Tahoe this fall, with the organizations making an 85 percent-plus profit. Bijou PTA has recently benefited from this wonderful donation, and we sincerely appreciate Chevy's contribution to our school and community. It is so nice to be a part of a community where everyone steps up to help out our children and our schools.Thank you Chevy's.
Blue Dog Pizza near Stateline contributed to the Bijou Walkathon by hosting our walkathon winners to a great pizza lunch with cookies.Thanks so much Blue Dog Pizza for the contribution to our school and community. We so appreciate the support, time and money our community businesses put toward our children. You truly make a difference.
Recommended Stories For You
SLT Yacht Club hosts dinner
On Oct. 13, the South Lake Tahoe Yacht Club sponsored a Bread & Broth "Adopt A Day of Nourishment." With the $250 donation from the club and the help of club members Nick and Margo Carrell, Ruth Goshorn, Jerry Kahler and Barbara Marsden, the dinner guests enjoyed Lake Tahoe trout and baked salmon, rice pilaf, sautéed vegetables, green salad, fruit salad, a wide assortment of desserts and drinks.
The five Yacht club volunteers were wonderful with their warm smiles and welcoming words to the dinner guests. For Barbara and Jerry, it was their first time experiencing a dinner served by B&B. Barbara "was very impressed by the quality of the food served" and was really glad that through her membership in the Yacht club and their charitable contribution, she had the opportunity to volunteer at a B&B dinner. "It is truly a worthwhile cause."
Ruth has volunteered several times at B&B dinners and did a great job of running the dessert and drink table. Nick and Margo are also experienced B&B "substitute" volunteers and regularly give of their time and energy to feed the hungry in our community.
The SLT Yacht Club frequently supports charitable causes and B&B is extremely grateful for their donation and support. Because of the Yacht Club's sponsorship, more than 130 dinners were served which helped to ease the hunger of people in need in our community. To help B&B as a donor or sponsor, contact Carol (530) 542-2876 or email@example.com.
Bread & Broth
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What tips do you have for a Harveys outdoor concert newb?
- Tahoe Prosperity Center: Project to build real workforce housing at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: VHR ban a bad move (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ted Gaines column: New bill slaps Californians with tax on services (opinion)
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe wed on North Shore
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit