Letter — Angel on the Mountain
February 5, 2003
Floating Away on Emerald Bay
The world is in my arms when I am holding you
My spirit sings with its sweetest joy
Each day since my heart learned your tune.
On top of the world, just blocks from heaven
Snow-kissed lips brought forth my love
Recommended Stories For You
In a new Eden of awe-inspiring beauty
Her beauty stood out, stood alone, stands above.
I found an Angel on the mountain
Intoxicated by the flow of its natural fountain
I drinked, I dranked, and I drunk some mo’
I cast every other care to the wind
It was my life’s true love I had found
In these mountains cradling Lake Tahoe
Some people say I kissed away all reason
As I watched diving mysteries unfold each season
A mystic wonderland of God’s finest design
But doesn’t everyone need something to believe in?
Near Sierra pines, our lifetime unwind
And a love so natural in our hearts unfold
Destiny? Fate? Call it anything you want
In the arms of Mother Nature I never grow cold.
I found an Angel on the Mountain.
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Guest column: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless grateful for community support (opinion)
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely