Letter: Brooke Laine should resign (opinion)
August 8, 2018
Brooke Laine once again displayed her lack of qualification to hold public office. Her inflammatory accusations on "South Tahoe Now" about violations of the Brown Act appear to be without merit and an attempt to make other members of the City Council look bad just prior to the election.
Brooke Laine fails to provide one single example of an actual violation occurring during the meetings and just makes vague accusations. If there was any truth to her accusations she should have stated specifically what the violations were.
The fact is the Brown Act does not prohibit the only conduct she complained about.
Her only actual complaint appears to be that if two council members fail to attend a closed session meeting the others are violating the Brown Act. Not true. If they have three members they have a quorum and can conduct business. The ones who fail to attend the meeting have no legitimate reason to complain on missing out on the discussions.
Very truly yours,
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: More questions about possible IVGID role in failed transportation grant application (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: Lots of unknowns heading into 2019 on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe City Council must honor voters’ will on Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: Did IVGID chair’s letter torpedo transportation grant? (opinion)
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday