Letter: Brooke Laine should resign (opinion)
August 8, 2018
Brooke Laine once again displayed her lack of qualification to hold public office. Her inflammatory accusations on "South Tahoe Now" about violations of the Brown Act appear to be without merit and an attempt to make other members of the City Council look bad just prior to the election.
Brooke Laine fails to provide one single example of an actual violation occurring during the meetings and just makes vague accusations. If there was any truth to her accusations she should have stated specifically what the violations were.
The fact is the Brown Act does not prohibit the only conduct she complained about.
Her only actual complaint appears to be that if two council members fail to attend a closed session meeting the others are violating the Brown Act. Not true. If they have three members they have a quorum and can conduct business. The ones who fail to attend the meeting have no legitimate reason to complain on missing out on the discussions.
Very truly yours,
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Kid friendly restaurants (so you can actually enjoy your meal)
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors