Letter: Dianne Feinstein right choice for US Senate (opinion)
March 27, 2018
I was pleased to learn that U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein announced her intention to run for another term in the United States Senate. Senator Feinstein has been a tremendous senator for my home state of California, and she has a distinguished career in public service. She has served in the United States Senate since 1992. She served as mayor of San Francisco and was a member of the Board of Supervisors there. In my experience, she represents the best the elected public service has to offer.
Our nation, California and the Lake Tahoe Basin has been enriched by her leadership and experience in many important matters. She is level headed, thoughtful, fair, courteous, caring about the public service, knowledgeable, prudent, and she answers correspondence and inquiries made of her and her staff (a rarity with many elected officials these days). I do not always agree with every position she takes on federal policy matters, but I know that she brings careful consideration, knowledge and mature judgment to every decision she makes.
Senator Feinstein is an outstanding public servant who brings credit upon our nation, our state and the Lake Tahoe Basin.
I look forward to her continued service in the United States Senate.
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Kid friendly restaurants (so you can actually enjoy your meal)
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors