Letter — Escape basin to find gas
March 5, 2003
At the end of Feb. 21 cover article “Giant SUV” when Ari Makinen made the statement “Say we have a terrorist attack and they blow up the highways — these vehicles will make it through.” Through to where? The gas station?
When the terrorists “BLOW” up the highway, how are the fuel trucks going to get to the station where you’ll be walking because you’re OUT OF GAS.
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- LTVA column: Tahoe South continues full speed into summer with national media exposure (opinion)
- Proposals for tackling seemingly impossible tasks
- Guest column: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless grateful for community support (opinion)
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely