Letter — Get climbing facts straight
February 3, 2003
I suggest the letter writer and the Tribune’s Pam Cosmo Gooch get their facts straight.
First read past the first page and get the names right, “Poontang”- sorry is not a name at Cave Rock. And besides what’s the big deal about the names anyway? Are we going to get upset about the name’s “Mount Diablo,” aka Devil Mountain, Devil’s Tower, Devils Post Pile, etc.! Gosh aren’t we sensitive. Bottom line, if we change the names can we climb there?
Pam where did you come up with your facts? Driving spikes into the rock? Sorry that’s not how its done.
Yes, the climbers, cars and hikers are going to make the rock decay in about 2 million years. Comparing Cave Rock to Mount Rushmore how absurd! Totally clueless. I think the both of you ought to think twice before driving through that tunnel if you think that the rock is so sacred.
Finally, who in their right mind is out there videotaping somebody peeing on a rock? I’m sure none of us have ever peed in Lake Tahoe, how funny!
Why is it that certain people just hate to see other people have fun? Also the few Native Americans that I took up there totally thought the place was (awesome).
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- LTVA column: Tahoe South continues full speed into summer with national media exposure (opinion)
- Guest column: Will new VHR initiative be the answer for South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Publisher’s Perspective: Best of Tahoe finalist voting starts today (opinion)
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Candidate Q&A: Kenny Curtzwiler for El Dorado County Supervisor