Letter: Let South Lake Tahoe voters decide on VHRs (opinion)
February 5, 2018
Are South Lake Tahoe's neighborhoods for sale? Over the last few years our city has allowed out-of-town investors to turn houses into motels and developers to build large scale lodging properties in our residential neighborhoods.
The local residents now want a chance to decide if we want these motels in our neighborhoods. The petition being circulated will let local voters make that decision. That is how democracy works using the initiative process.
In the meantime, there is a lot of talk that big money from outside special interest groups will swoop down on our town with mega-bucks and influence the election. Just what we don't need is "flat-landers" trying to buy our town and the lifestyle we earned by living here. It is a simple choice: LET THE VOTERS DECIDE!
Member, Tahoe Neighborhoods Group
Trending In: Opinion
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Caltrans to activate new traffic light in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)