Letter: Let South Lake Tahoe voters decide on VHRs (opinion)
February 5, 2018
Are South Lake Tahoe's neighborhoods for sale? Over the last few years our city has allowed out-of-town investors to turn houses into motels and developers to build large scale lodging properties in our residential neighborhoods.
The local residents now want a chance to decide if we want these motels in our neighborhoods. The petition being circulated will let local voters make that decision. That is how democracy works using the initiative process.
In the meantime, there is a lot of talk that big money from outside special interest groups will swoop down on our town with mega-bucks and influence the election. Just what we don't need is "flat-landers" trying to buy our town and the lifestyle we earned by living here. It is a simple choice: LET THE VOTERS DECIDE!
Member, Tahoe Neighborhoods Group
Trending In: Opinion
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday