Letter — Let’s try to save the Faire
May 16, 2003
I was sad when I heard the Tahoe Valhalla Renaissance Faire might be cancelled. They might as well cancel Christmas.
Actually I was mad that pettiness and shallowness could win out over magic and light and education.
Renaissance means Rebirth and that is what the Ren Faire does each year-lets Tahoe be reborn again with something unique and exciting. the Faire is Tahoe’s Own Disneyland and it would be a shame to close it.
There are no real reasons to cancel it, it’s been going for years. Each booth has a fire extinguisher to prevent fires. There is only one small booth selling alcohol, no drinking problem there. And the sight is always cleaned up afterwards.
The faire brings happiness and money to Tahoe each year, and that’s what it’s usually about anyway.
Save the Faire! It is magic and fun and a place to escape this rough old world for awhile, and that, my friends, is exactly what we need right now.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- LTVA column: Tahoe South continues full speed into summer with national media exposure (opinion)
- Guest column: Will new VHR initiative be the answer for South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Publisher’s Perspective: Best of Tahoe finalist voting starts today (opinion)
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Amgen Tour of California road closure information for Lake Tahoe