Letter — Lumped in with ‘ugly Americans’
March 7, 2003
Does it burn you to be labeled an “ugly American” as a direct result of Bush’s divisive and arrogant antics? Tens of millions of Americans who don’t agree with the offensive and agressive policies of the Bush-Cheney organization are getting dissed right along with the instigators. All citizens are being tagged “ugly Americans,” just because they live under the hard line, right-wing, sanctimonious dictions issuing forth from the Bush administration. How can one man’s agenda be so out of touch, out of synch, from the rest of the world and the majority of Americans? All Americans, no matter of what persuasion, are being hogtied and effaced by Bush’s self-serving, subserviance and pandering to an extreme right ideology.
But through it all, George W. just keeps on smirking.
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Chamber Corner: Tahoe Chamber announces endorsements (opinion)
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe needs to end craziness of onerous VHR regulations (opinion)
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Study finds bears hibernating less with warmer winters, access to human food (video)
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail