Letter: Measure C the right way to address roads (opinion)
November 2, 2017
As a proud, longtime resident of South Lake Tahoe, I find it embarrassing that our community has not been able to take care of our roads. From a lack of sidewalks to enormous potholes and cracks, our roads are dangerous and need to be fixed.
Measure C is the right way to finally address the repairs that our roads desperately require. Measure C will ensure that, for the first time in our city's history, there is dedicated, stable funding that can only legally be spent improving our roads. Visitors to South Lake Tahoe will pay their fair share for the use of our roads, and every penny would remain local.
By keeping pollution out of Lake Tahoe and ensuring that emergency vehicles can respond quickly and efficiently to emergencies, Measure C will go a long way toward fixing the dilapidated roads that are blight on our community.
The choice is clear — a vote for Measure C is a vote for better roads and improved public safety. Our roads have been a problem for far too long, and these necessary repairs are only going to get more expensive as times goes on.
I have returned my vote-by-mail ballot with a "Yes" on C vote, and I hope you will do the same.
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Election update: Measure T still passing in South Lake Tahoe but margin shrinks
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Thousands of ballots yet to be counted in El Dorado County
- Unofficial results: South Lake Tahoe voters say ‘yes’ to Measure T