Letter: Measure C the right way to address roads (opinion)
November 2, 2017
As a proud, longtime resident of South Lake Tahoe, I find it embarrassing that our community has not been able to take care of our roads. From a lack of sidewalks to enormous potholes and cracks, our roads are dangerous and need to be fixed.
Measure C is the right way to finally address the repairs that our roads desperately require. Measure C will ensure that, for the first time in our city's history, there is dedicated, stable funding that can only legally be spent improving our roads. Visitors to South Lake Tahoe will pay their fair share for the use of our roads, and every penny would remain local.
By keeping pollution out of Lake Tahoe and ensuring that emergency vehicles can respond quickly and efficiently to emergencies, Measure C will go a long way toward fixing the dilapidated roads that are blight on our community.
The choice is clear — a vote for Measure C is a vote for better roads and improved public safety. Our roads have been a problem for far too long, and these necessary repairs are only going to get more expensive as times goes on.
I have returned my vote-by-mail ballot with a "Yes" on C vote, and I hope you will do the same.
Recommended Stories For You
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: SnowGlobe — an event that needs a home (opinion)
- Letter: More questions about possible IVGID role in failed transportation grant application (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: Lots of unknowns heading into 2019 on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- Letter: Doing good deeds
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could bring over 1 foot of snow to higher elevations
- Man arrested Saturday believed to be perpetrator in Douglas County, Reno homicides
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on Lake Tahoe highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday