Letter: Missed the mark with Tahoe Tribune, Truckee Sun changes (opinion)
April 3, 2018
I have been a Tahoe City resident for 25 years and a loyal reader of the local newspaper. Throughout the many name changes and the days of the week it gets published, my husband and I still look forward to reading about the local stories.
We enjoy reading about the high school sports and the kids we know to the local ballet shows and the happenings on the North Shore. We have tried to give the Truckee Sun a chance and see how things shake out.
Well, after almost a month of the new version of the newspaper that clearly focus almost exclusively on Truckee, we are feeling sad and left out.
We realize we are now supposed to get our news from the Tahoe Tribune, but frankly, that publication focuses mainly on South Lake Tahoe. We feel far more aligned with Truckee than we do with South Lake. We share a school district with Truckee. We share a hospital with Truckee, and many other things.
I think you really missed the mark on this one.
Recommended Stories For You
Tahoe City, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: Thanks to Ricky Reich and Lisa Maloff (opinion)
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe City Council must honor voters’ will on Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Did IVGID chair’s letter torpedo transportation grant? (opinion)
- Tom McClintock column: Why our border matters (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Cannabis oil extraction lab causes fire, explosions at South Lake Tahoe home
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Opening of Renoagogo brings chain store goods to North Lake Tahoe
- Trash building up at popular Lake Tahoe sledding site