Letter — P.E. classes not essential
March 26, 2003
Physical education teachers in elementary schools are nice, but they are not a necessity. The story about 150 Meyer’s parents voting for P.E. teachers and not being heard does hold water because that means only about one-third voted for it. I am sorry if Mr. Hudson goes, as my son and I like him. If we need to make cuts, including closing a school, then let it be. I feel that the surveys that were sent out should have been for the board of education’s eyes only and not for just anybody to read.
Robert S. Karkheck
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- LTVA column: Tahoe South continues full speed into summer with national media exposure (opinion)
- Proposals for tackling seemingly impossible tasks
- Guest column: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless grateful for community support (opinion)
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely