Letter — Protesters take away my rights
March 31, 2003
I don’t like writing a letter just to complain, but I think this needs to be said.
My complaint rises from the anti-war demonstrations in places like San Francisco, LA, and New York.
What ever happened to “Peaceful Protests”?
I support the right of these people to speak out — after all, that’s one of the rights our service men are fighting to protect — but when they interfere with traffic — on foot or in cars or whatever — they are usurping MY rights. Personally, I think they’re nuts anyway, but that’s my right! The only objection I have to this war is that we didn’t finish it the first time!
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Guest column: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless grateful for community support (opinion)