Letter — Rental probe should be OK
March 19, 2003
I attended several meetings held at City Council chambers on the topic of vacation rentals. At each of these meeting vacation property managers spoke passionately about how much these rentals contribute to the economic vitality of South Lake Tahoe. They cited money they spend on upkeep, money visitors spend here and especially emphasized how much TOT is collected from their businesses. You would think that they would welcome the grand jury investigation as it will verify their contributions to community prosperity.
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe needs to end craziness of onerous VHR regulations (opinion)
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line