Letter — Senators need to work in tandem
May 30, 2003
I enjoyed reading Mr. Crofton’s article from May 7, entitled, “Boxer tenacious in quest to protect wilderness.” The Meiss Meadows area contains the headwaters of the Upper Truckee River, which provides a vast majority of the clean water that flows into Lake Tahoe. We have all invested a great deal of energy and money — including millions of taxpayer dollars — working to keep Tahoe blue. When Meiss is protected as wilderness we will have made significant progress in furthering this effort. Sen. Dianne Feinstein has always been a champion of improving water quality in the lake. I hope she also seizes this opportunity and works with Sen. Barbara Boxer to secure wilderness protection for Meiss and the other wild places in California.
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- LTVA column: Tahoe South continues full speed into summer with national media exposure (opinion)
- Guest column: Will new VHR initiative be the answer for South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Publisher’s Perspective: Best of Tahoe finalist voting starts today (opinion)
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Candidate Q&A: Kenny Curtzwiler for El Dorado County Supervisor