Letter — Shock and awe at the slaughter
March 24, 2003
The Bush-Rumsfeld Shock and Awe Showcase: Shock and Awe will be an assault on the Iraqi populace of heinous proportions. How can President Bush justify killing thousands, tens of thousands, innocent civilians in the name of peace.
Wasn’t there an uproar when 3,000 innocent U.S. civilians were killed 9-11? How many innocent civilians will die in Iraq and will we hear a big outcry?
Shock and Awe will be death and destruction, indiscriminate killing, genocide on a massive scale.
Shock and Awe will be the worst crime against humanity in modern times.
How many Iraqis will be slaughtered by the well-honed U.S. war machine.
Shock and Awe is not going to be a humanitarian effort — it will toast untold numbers of Iraqis.
Recommended Stories For You
How would you like to be waiting for Shock and Awe to hit your neighborhood, community, city?
The Bush-Rumsfeld Shock and Awe campaign will create hell for millions of Iraqis as the administration tries to get their man. Odds are, they won’t.
How can Americans sit at home and be proud of killing thousands, tens of thousands, innocent Iraqi men, women and children?
Iraqi men, women and children are not any different than American men, women and children.
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Guest column: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless grateful for community support (opinion)
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe