Letter: South Lake Tahoe businessman — ‘extremely impressed’ by Nancy Kerry (opinion)
February 14, 2018
Editor's note: The following is an open letter penned by local businessman Ted Kennedy.
Dear Mayor David,
Hello, my name is Ted Kennedy — I am a partner in the following businesses in town: Base camp pizza; Azul Latin Kitchen; California Burger Co.; Poke Rok; Outpost Brewery; Ten Crows BBQ; Lakeside Beach House; Social House Deli; Human Potential Speakeasy; Tahoe Stewards.
I believe we've met briefly — and I heard you speak at the CEO meeting last month, very impressive. I don't want to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong and I CERTAINLY don't know all of the facts, but I'd like to humbly give you my 2 cents on the Nancy situation.
I've opened businesses in 20 different cities and towns in California in my previous life as director of real estate for Boston Market. The experience I've had dealing with Nancy and the government in general here in South Tahoe (which at some level is a credit to her) is by FAR the best I've had. Proactive, positive, helpful and fair.
I've been extremely impressed with the access and efficiency of Nancy and her staff and I do not believe that happens by accident. There are always challenges and naysayers, but organizations do not perform at this level by accident.
Recommended Stories For You
Whatever Nancy's failings are, and we all have them, they certainly aren't reflected in the communication and services provided by the city that she is the manager of.
Again, sorry if I am commenting where I shouldn't but I thought it only fair that I let you know my thoughts.
Very, very respectfully,
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure T in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Kudos: Thanks for supporting Soroptimist International of South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- What’s new for the 2018-19 ski season at Lake Tahoe’s downhill resorts
- Election impacts on Lake Tahoe real estate
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project