Letter: South Lake Tahoe High School student brought the house down at TEDx (opinion)
September 30, 2018
A South Lake Tahoe High School student stood out among the accomplished and professional TEDx speakers at MontBleu Sept. 8 with her heartfelt message to follow your passion and never give up — ideals she pursues daily despite the physical and cognitive challenges brought about by the stroke she suffered when she was just 3 days old — weighing 1 pound 13 ounces.
A standing ovation. Not a dry eye in the theater. The dignity and humanity of Kylie Pilkerton brought the house down.
Thanks for the inspiration.
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: Ideas for addressing traffic, overcrowding at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Letter: Community year end food drive organized by the South Lake Tahoe Association of Realtors (opinion)
- Letter: Traffic apps add to traffic woes (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 and Mt Rose Highway still closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Snow or rain? Winter storm could drench Lake Tahoe
- Most chain requirements dropped around Lake Tahoe (updated)