Letter: South Lake Tahoe High School student brought the house down at TEDx (opinion)
September 30, 2018
A South Lake Tahoe High School student stood out among the accomplished and professional TEDx speakers at MontBleu Sept. 8 with her heartfelt message to follow your passion and never give up — ideals she pursues daily despite the physical and cognitive challenges brought about by the stroke she suffered when she was just 3 days old — weighing 1 pound 13 ounces.
A standing ovation. Not a dry eye in the theater. The dignity and humanity of Kylie Pilkerton brought the house down.
Thanks for the inspiration.
South Lake Tahoe, California
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: It’s time for South Lake Tahoe’s newly elected leaders to lead (opinion)
- Guest column: Introducing The 1974 — Lake Tahoe Community College’s new student newspaper
- Letter: How is Whole Foods project economically beneficial to South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Ribaudo column: Election recap on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms