Letter: South Lake Tahoe VHR fines are out of control (opinion)
March 10, 2018
I own a vacation rental property in South Lake Tahoe and my guest was just fined $1,000 for having a car parked in a dirt area in front of the house.
The car was not on the street but on a dirt area of my property. The car belonged to some family who came to visit for a couple hours for dinner. A neighbor called and complained.
The police hired responded to an email of mine saying permanent residences can do what they want but vacation rentals can't park on the street. I said this wasn't the street and he said it has to be a paved area. As a former law enforcement officer, I believe this is ridiculous. There should be some discretion, but he said that the City Council told him that everyone must be fined.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Decision time approaches for US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Kid friendly restaurants (so you can actually enjoy your meal)
- Tahoe Roads: Recapping 2018 roadwork on South Shore (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors