Letter: South Lake Tahoe VHR fines are out of control (opinion)
March 10, 2018
I own a vacation rental property in South Lake Tahoe and my guest was just fined $1,000 for having a car parked in a dirt area in front of the house.
The car was not on the street but on a dirt area of my property. The car belonged to some family who came to visit for a couple hours for dinner. A neighbor called and complained.
The police hired responded to an email of mine saying permanent residences can do what they want but vacation rentals can't park on the street. I said this wasn't the street and he said it has to be a paved area. As a former law enforcement officer, I believe this is ridiculous. There should be some discretion, but he said that the City Council told him that everyone must be fined.
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: More questions about possible IVGID role in failed transportation grant application (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: Lots of unknowns heading into 2019 on Lake Tahoe South Shore (opinion)
- Guest column: South Lake Tahoe City Council must honor voters’ will on Measure T (opinion)
- Letter: Did IVGID chair’s letter torpedo transportation grant? (opinion)
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings