Letter: South Lake Tahoe VHR fines are out of control (opinion)
March 10, 2018
I own a vacation rental property in South Lake Tahoe and my guest was just fined $1,000 for having a car parked in a dirt area in front of the house.
The car was not on the street but on a dirt area of my property. The car belonged to some family who came to visit for a couple hours for dinner. A neighbor called and complained.
The police hired responded to an email of mine saying permanent residences can do what they want but vacation rentals can't park on the street. I said this wasn't the street and he said it has to be a paved area. As a former law enforcement officer, I believe this is ridiculous. There should be some discretion, but he said that the City Council told him that everyone must be fined.
Trending In: Opinion
- #TahoeSnaps: Summer winding down at Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- Guest column: Cannabis referendum bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Chamber hosting forum with El Dorado County supervisor candidates