Letter: South Lake Tahoe VHR fines are out of control (opinion)
March 10, 2018
I own a vacation rental property in South Lake Tahoe and my guest was just fined $1,000 for having a car parked in a dirt area in front of the house.
The car was not on the street but on a dirt area of my property. The car belonged to some family who came to visit for a couple hours for dinner. A neighbor called and complained.
The police hired responded to an email of mine saying permanent residences can do what they want but vacation rentals can't park on the street. I said this wasn't the street and he said it has to be a paved area. As a former law enforcement officer, I believe this is ridiculous. There should be some discretion, but he said that the City Council told him that everyone must be fined.
Trending In: Opinion
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm warning, flood watch take effect Wednesday
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake