Letter — South Shore needs Faire
May 19, 2003
Lake Tahoe is a tourist destination. Our econemy depends on it. The Ren Faire is a filler between winter and summer. All businesses depend on tourism. With the Ren Faire attraction, ALL RETAIL BUSINESSES benefit; from gas, sunderies, foods, lodging, transportation services, public & private, and all the others that are licensed by the city. Not to leave out all the costumes that are rented for the occasion. My son Sean got me involved in the set up of the Faire six or seven years ago and he has been in charge ever since. One year we rented costumes and had a booth called “MOUSE ROULETTE”. The set-up and take down is work intensive, and we also have workers from the sheriff’s Department as volunteers, that pay their dues for “public service”. It is also nice to work in the sushine and fresh mountain air. There was a lot of sad comments last year when it was announced that the 10th year of the Ren Faire would possibly be the last. I hope that if it does not happen this year that it will not be forgotten.
Darwin De Bois
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Guest column: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless grateful for community support (opinion)
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe