Letter — Tell city your view on war
February 17, 2003
Thank you so much for the informative article about the peace movement in South Lake Tahoe, published in your Feb. 6 issue. With so many newspapers covering an inordinate number of stories about the anticipated war, it was a pleasure to read a fair and unbiased story about local citizens making efforts towards a peaceful resolution.
I am a supporter of the Cities for Peace movement, where cities throughout the U.S. have adopted Peace Resolutions opposing a unilateral first strike on Iraq. The first city to adopt such a resolution was Santa Cruz just a few months ago. Now 67 cities (as of today) have adopted similar resolutions.
I am hoping that with the help of its community members, the city of South Lake Tahoe will proudly make a similar resolution. I urge your readers to write letters in support of peace to the City of South Lake Tahoe City Clerk, 1052 Tata Lane, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, and to attend the City Council meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 9 a.m. to voice their opinions.
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay