Letter — Time now to support leader
March 24, 2003
I am amazed and very concerned by the actions of those liberals who will stop at nothing to undermine the presidency of George W. Bush. They are so angry that their man didn’t win and they are out of power that they seem willing to see our great nation suffer if that makes our leaders look bad. The tragedy of 9-11 was our wake-up call to declare war on terrorists and terrorism in all its forms. Indeed we are at war. Really! Given that, we cannot expect everything to be as it was before, that no sacrifices need be made, and that our economy will not suffer to some degree. To blame everything on the current administration during this terrible time of trial is simply awful. Make no mistake about it, there are hundreds of thousands out there who are bent on killing as many of us Americans as they can. They hate us because of our way of life, our successes and because their culture will not permit them to compete in the modern world. Now, more than ever, is the time for all Americans to set political differences aside and to support our leaders and our military in the deadly serious business of ridding the world of terrorism. It will likely take a long time and it won’t be easy.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Vote to keeps El Dorado County Board of Supervisors intact
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Memorial Day celebration in Incline Village (opinion)
- Ask Tessie: What’s the point of voting in June?
- Guest column: Will new VHR initiative be the answer for South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe