Letter to the Editor: Let’s improve New Years
January 14, 2010
It sure would be nice to have an official countdown to New Years in the casino corridor. What a way to reinvent the image and boost the economy. If Times Square can draw a million just to watch the ball drop, we could create our own Snowball drop.
The resorts need to look at this and promote it all year. What a wonderful opportunity for local business owners to participate in a new and exciting idea. No pun intended, but get on the ball. I could not even imagine the excitement this would generate from a huge area. Tahoe is know around the world. Time to make it even more special.
Trending In: Opinion
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay