Letter to the editor- Sign goals from lodging group | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Letter to the editor- Sign goals from lodging group

Tribune

To the editor;

Contrary to belief, business has been trying to police themselves on the sign ordinance. The South Lake Tahoe Lodging Association has been actively involved education the business community with help from TRPA, the city Planning Department and the South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce. Last spring an information brochure about the sign ordinance was mailed to the 3,000 business license holders within the city and paid for by lodging. Over the past year presentation of the ordinance was made to the chambers of commerce, the Lodging Association, the LTVA’s board and marketing committee. The Tribune has published articles about the ordinance. Lodging has proposed to sponsor a summer intern to help with enforcement efforts; hopefully City Council will accept our offer for this summer. The sign ordinance is basin-wide under TRPA. All groups involved felt it was better to fix the problem locally. Lodging’s goal was to educate the business community and hopefully 80 percent would comply and the remaining 20 percent would reinforce.

James C. Foff

President, South Lake Tahoe Lodging Association


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User